Monday, March 5, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

I'm so excited because I love tag posts! Sary from The Walrus Room tagged me (you should check her out because she's awesome and has impeccable taste.)

How does it work?
  • Post the rules on your blog
  • Write 11 things about you
  • Answer it
  • Create 11 new questions for the future tagged ones
  • Put a link to the tagged blogs
  • Prevents them by leaving a message on their blogs (This one makes me go 'what?') (me too, Sary)
  • No information about us in the "tag" section (And this one. o.O) (Again, me too)
  • Tag 11 people
Rules posted. Now, I have to reveal 11 things about myself:
  1. My favorite candy is a Reese's peanut butter cup. So delicious!
  2. I sleep in my contacts (I know it's horrible but I'm so lazy)
  3. I watch way too much Nickelodeon (and other TV) than what is healthy for a 17-year-old. And it is my secret ambition to be on a television show or at least write for one. Television is better than a movie because they can keep the viewer hooked for years.
  4. I don't know how to drive yet but I have a car. My sister got a new car when she went to law school so I got her old one. I still need to finish my driver's ed. but I'm okay with taking the bus and walking.
  5. I'm a bit of a grammar and spelling Nazi. I HATE when people mix up "your" and "you're" and "there," "their," and "they're."
  6. I am a horrible artist. I write and collage but I'm just not an artist when it comes to drawing and painting.
  7. Although I primarily read and write fantasy and science fiction, I have a special place in my heart for realistic fiction because that's what I first started writing. However, I only like realistic fiction if the situation is really screwed up. I don't want to read about someone going through the same stuff that I go through because I already know how those characters feel. I like reading about screwed up situations that includes but is not limited to: drugs, teenaged pregnancy, disease, (non-graphic) rape. I like reading about situations that I don't see myself being in.
  8. I prefer zombies over vampires, werewolves, fairies... they're my favorite, let's just say that. My first rated-R movie that I saw in theaters was Zombieland. Zombies are so fascinating to me because they could become real if science has anything to do with it. The story that I'm writing for my senior project is about a girl who works for a mortician that is a necromancer. Yay!
  9. My favorite type of food is Mexican. Enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos... yum! (I love burritos too, but the truth is that burritos are actually American.)
  10. I'm at my 4th (and last) high school. I went to a Christian school (uh...), a ghetto public school (ugh), an insanely easy independent study program (hmm) and now I'm at a college preparatory high school (yay). I really like being on the college campus mostly because I like the variety of courses we're allowed to take and I like being with college students. College students are usually way nicer and more understanding than high school students and I love talking to the students that are in their 30s, 40s or 50s because they have a lot of good advice and can be good friends.
  11. I love old fashioned names. I've had my heart set on naming my first daughter Alice Evelyn  (which will probably happen in about ten or so years.) I love the name Alice and the name Evelyn and it's especially great because Alice was my maternal great grandmother's name and Evelyn was my maternal grandmother's name. I'm thinking my son would be named Parker.
Now to answer Sary's questions:
  1. What's your favorite pattern? - My favorite pattern is stripes. I love striped tights, striped dresses, striped skirts... oh I love stripes!
  2. What's your favorite band? - My favorite band is Jack's Mannequin. They're songs are so beautiful and putting the song "Swim" on replay in my head has helped me get through really rough days.
  3. Do you prefer skirts/dresses or pants/shorts? - Oh certainly skirts and dresses! I only have one pair of jeans and any other pants I have are sweatpants that I wear either to the fitness center or to sleep. I love skirts and dresses because they make me feel so pretty and girly and are really comfortable (usually.)
  4. If you were to describe yourself in three words what would you choose? - Lazy imaginative creeper.
  5. What's your favourite smell? - The smell of hot apple cider or baking apple pie. So delicious!
  6. What are you wearing right now? - It's funny because I said I usually skirts and dresses but right now I'm being lazy and wearing my one pair of jeans. The only reason I went outside today was to go to a garage sale down the street so I felt I didn't want to get a skirt or dress dirty just for that.
  7. What's your favourite toy? - If toy = gadget, then my computer but if you mean actual toy like something at Toys R Us, then I would say this one ball maze that my friend has. You turn the plastic ball around to guide a little metal ball inside it through a series of obstacles to get into a little purple bucket in the middle of the ball. It's so difficult but so fun.
  8. Are you a heels or flats type of person? - Flats because I don't own or know how to walk in heels. For serious. I'm afraid of heels because I know that if an insane guy with a chainsaw decides to chase me that would be the day I decided to wear heels, thus I would have to run through glass barefoot or die because no one can run in heels.
  9. How many mirrors do you have in the room you are currently in? - I am in my living room so... one. It's right next to the front door for quick checks and lipstick-applying before leaving the house.
  10. What's your favourite drink? - This is such a difficult one! I love juice but I love Coca-Cola... so I'm going to have to say apple cider. Apple cider is the only drink that I like that's hot. I don't like any other drink hot because I always burn my tongue. So yes, I don't like tea. Sue me.
  11. What's your favourite animal? - If you're talking wild animal then giraffe. Giraffes have been my favorite wild animals ever since I was a baby and my favorite lovey was a stuffed giraffe named RaRa (whom I still have.) My favorite domestic animal are cats because they're just so cuddly and awesome and they don't slobber like my dogs do.
And now my questions to ask the people I tag are:
  1. What's your favorite color?
  2. What was your favorite Disney movie or just kid movie growing up?
  3. If money (and talent) wasn't an issue, what would be your dream job?
  4. What superpower would wish to have if you could only have one?
  5. Hansel and Gretel OR Little Red Riding Hood?
  6. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
  7. What is your favorite dessert?
  8. What was the last book you read?
  9. Do you collect anything?
  10. What is your favorite emoticon?
  11. Do you remember your dreams?
And now, I tag:
Uh... that's only eight but those are the only people I can think of who haven't gotten tagged already...

    1 comment:

    his_girl_friday said...

    I write and collage too. I love painting/sculpture, but I never do it myself.